Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Vintage Pyrex Discovery!

Like a lot of other vintage junkies out there, I am obsessed with Pyrex! The vintage stuff was unbelievably well made! It has a million uses, can withstand very high heat, and resists chipping like no other.

I recently purchased a set of primary bowls and noticed that the bowls were marked differently than what I'm used to seeing. I did a little internet research and found out the they're marked differently because they're the oldest version and the Pyrex company wasn't numbering them yet.

Here are some subtle and not-so-subtle differences in the vintage and older vintage primary colored bowls.

I hope you guys don't mind that I totally geek out over this stuff. I know I'm not alone in my obsession!

First, notice the color difference in the red bowl. There wasn't a drastic difference in the other colors.

Next, check out the difference in the bottom curve.

Not all of the bowls in the older set are thicker, but there is a definite difference in the red.

Of course, the easiest difference to spot is the bottom marking.


And I just listed the complete set of older bowls today on Atomic Purple! Click on the photo and you'll go right to the listing!

That's the Pyrex scoop I have for you today. I'll let you know if I find out any other cool info!


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...