Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Think Pink!

I'm sure you already know that October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and I want to take this opportunity to tell you about my friend Suzie. This spring, Suzie found a lump in her breast and went to the doctor to get it checked out. She was diagnosed with breast cancer and began treatment right away.

After she lost her hair to chemo, Suzie asked me if I would do some portraits. She wasn't sure if she would share them, but thought she should document this time in her life. I was happy to oblige.

Isn't she beautiful??
This month, Suzie decided to post the photos on facebook for all of her friends and family to see. She wanted to make sure that everyone realizes the importance of self breast exams. Suzie is only 32, has NO FAMILY HISTORY, and NO RISK FACTORS!

I can't even tell you how proud I am of Suzie. She has always been one of the kindest people I know and she has an amazing positive outlook. As a wife and mother of 4 young kids, she tried to keep things as normal as possible, even when the treatments wiped her out. I don't think she realizes how strong she is. She is truly an amazing woman!

She still has some more treatment to go through before this ordeal is over. I'm so excited for when Suzie can put this all behind her.

Suzie and her husband painted messages on each others' heads. Love this!
Suzie recently walked in the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk in Cincinnati along with a big group of family and friends. If you'd like to make a donation to that charity here is the link to Suzie's team "The Bosom Brigade"

I had to include this shot. Not only are they getting photo bombed by their 2 youngest kids, but I  love all the laughing! It really looks like "them"!
 I love you, Suzie! Thanks for letting me share your story! XOXO



Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...